Wednesday, February 4, 2015

The Sponge Bob Movie 2

This was a project that I had the opportunity to work on while I was at Rhythm and Hues back in 2012. I was asked to work on the pitch for Sponge Bob 2. At that point in my life I hadn't watched an episode of Sponge Bob in my entire life. So apologies to the superfans if I didn't get the essence or characters right. I grew up on Animaniacs, which I guess would be the equivalent for someone my age. The prompt I had was to make the Sponge Bob characters into live action superheros. Nothing really beyond that.  At the time it was recently announced that Disney had acquired Marvel, but I assumed since Paramount was still distributing, I figured they could somehow crossover. So I made an attempt to match up many of the main characters into their corresponding Avenger counterpart. 


I had the most fun working on Sponge Bob himself. I had to figure out the anatomy, and made him into a human Sponge. 


I think this was the only contribution I had that evolved into something that made it onto the screen. At least I'd like to think so. I wanted to make Mr Krabs into Iron man. Whoever got to finalize the superhero designs made him into a robot which is sorta similar...? Maybe not.


 Squidward was the hardest because I wasn't sure if his nose was a tentacle, or a nose...



 Unfortunately I didn't get to finish this one. I'd figure the gag was that Plankton was the Loki equivalent, and when they pulled out, he was a tiny creature on grains of sand.



Didn't finish this one

My art director wasn't too happy with this one because it was too phallic. I said that was the point! 



8 comments:

Jhon Cooper said...

According to USA TODAY, SpongeBob is the most-loved series on TV, web traffic and social media. In addition, SpongeBob has now starred in two major motion pictures.

Details Here : www.allpremiumanimation.com/

shubham said...


Fast and furious 7 movie in hindi
Fast And Furious 7 full movie downloadFast And Furious 7 Full Movie Torrent Kickass In Hindi, Tamil
Fast And Furious 7 In Tamil

Apple Smith said...

This is a great web site. Good sparkling user interface and very informative blogs. I will be coming back in a bit, thanks for the great article. I have found it enormously useful..
unblockedgames| unblocked games at school| friv 4 school| friv4school| free online games| free online games| tetris games| tetrisgames| monster high games| play monster high games| kizi 2| kizi

Austin Reed said...

What about Sandy's superhero form? What would it have looked like?

Ayumi Sophia said...

Thank you for giving posts and articles were very amazing. I really liked as a part of the article. With a nice and interesting topics. Has helped a lot of people who do not challenge things people should know. You need more publicize this because many people. Who know about it very few people know this. Success for you....!!!

Regina Hilary said...


This app is great it gives you those moments of relaxation and incredibly wonderful
age of war 2 | tank trouble | gold miner | tank trouble 3
Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic work!my weblog:
age of war 3 |earn to die 3 | earn to die 2 | red ball
Stick war 2 | Apple Shooter

Regina Hilary said...


This app is great it gives you those moments of relaxation and incredibly wonderful
age of war 2 | tank trouble | gold miner | tank trouble 3
Just wanted to tell you keep up the fantastic work!my weblog:
age of war 3 |earn to die 3 | earn to die 2 | red ball
Stick war 2 | Apple Shooter

Cute Soc said...

This is the selected site free games and play great. Same goes for your play.
gun mayhem
tank trouble 2
learn to fly 2
can your pet 2
happy wheels game